Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Soulfully Sustainable

My name is Greg Martin and I live in Portland, OR. I have been involved in Sustainable concerns for over 10 years as a green builder and years prior in community organizing around community food...but I am looking for more. I am looking to feel in real tangible ways what it means to be sustainable from People all over this world.

I feel the heart of living a more sustainable life is the art of taking one step at a time ....to living a more connected and deeper spiritual awareness...in all that we buy, eat, do or support...

I want to help facilitate a community of folks who are spiritually minded (religious or not) that want to talk about Sustainability and maybe help stimulate some movement in our hearts, heads and hands. Having been involved in some many different things I have learned that living a "soulful sustainable life" is a lot of work, failings, honesty, but most importantly being open to new things. I felt the wind blowing and here I am blogging for the 1st time.

4 Years ago I helped organize with many others a Festival called the Muddy Boot Organic Festival at our Catholic parish in SE Portland. MuddyBoot.org. I learned much from organizing such a large event and interested in hearing more of what people are dreaming and doing.

To begin I am interested in to hearing more about why people care about living more simply or sustainably? What is the story that began your road into sustainability? Post or email me and I will post a few soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment